Thursday, January 31, 2008

Driving = stress = hate

my first day on the road by myself was one of the most nerve wreaking experience I ever had. For most plp it might sound like nonsense so does my brothers, they laugh at me so much that I really feel like to strangle them!!!!! They always crack jokes about my “driving skills”. I am so so scared of driving, avoided it my entire life until recently. The first time I went for my driving test when I was 17 obviously without a doubt I failed hahahahhaha I went for the exam just becaz I had sooo much pressure frm my parents to get a valid driving licence. After failing the exam, I effectively avoided the topic of driving licence approximately fro 9years…although my parents constantly nag me sooo much on getting a driving licence and car. I always convince them, that I can rely on public transport…just to avoid driving. But my dad is a tough shell to crack he literally forced me to get my licence. Again its not a big surprise I failed hahahaha but this time I was determine to get it done… finish off the headache once and for all…so the next attempt …thank god I passed….must thank my lucky stars.
After obtaining my licence my dad again forced me to drive practically everday but me being me everytime successfully avoid it with my own little scheme hahaha until my dad gave up…I feel bad but hey the plan works!!!
Beginning of 2006, fate played a really nasty game on me!! It gave me no choice but to get a car and drive!!!!oh why ?! why me?!I was cursing my fate so much … it double crossed me…the only thing I don’t wanna do in my life was to drive…and there was my fate left me with no choice but to drive.
So the first day of my driving I woke up in the morning with a heavy heart remember im not use to driving at all, just occasional drive around the town when forced by my bro (another mentor of mine after daddy).
On the first day my bro supposed to follow me but unfortunately last minute he was requested to go on a site visit arrragghhhhhh!!!!!!! That was really what I call twist of fate this time I have to pay back for cursing my fate…this was my personal worst case scenario. I really wished it was nightmare that I can wake up but who am I kidding!!…I cried…yeap I cried…and try to motive myself “I can do this….plp fly airplanes with hundreds of life in their hand...this is just driving with only MY LIFE” and another thing came to my mind ….look at the Malaysian lady who was on the running to be come the first astronaut …she is brave what is driving compared to what she going to do.
So I get ready and went out sat on my car…and seriously I don’t know where I got the guts…I just drove but I guess things would not be that easy for me my bad luck strike againi….it was raining!!!!! And terrible jam…wat a combination chicken driver+ first day driving w/o mentor + terrible jam+ raining…my day couldn’t be better!!!! ….atlast I reached office in one piece and neva harm anyone else as well!!!. then I realise that I have done it …I have really conquered my greatest fear!!!!!!!!!!! My fly members was relive and happy that I actually done it and still alive.
So now I have been driving for like couple of weeks I still feel nervous, scared even scared of the motorbikers…I still have butterflies in my stomach …still not really used to the left side mirrors…still having difficulties changing lanes when jam (which I experience every damn morning!!)…still there are drivers who hon as usual even motorbikers hehehe …still avoid driving whenever possible but most of all I have conquered my only fear!!!!
Today looking back I have to thank my dad n mom forcing me to get my licence and drive. thanks n no thanks to my great bro who put me in this diff position in the first place…but what to do I still love him …I left with no choice hehehe. And my frens oh my good frens who gave me some really good encouraging advices…like ‘just dnt care about other drivers, just drive if they hon u … go even slower it will piss them off’ , ‘ aiyah just think the road is urs’, ‘ dnt worry la…if plp with ‘nice care’ try to bully u dnt give way, if there hit u they will suffer more damage to their ‘nice car’‘, ‘if u hit plp neva mind la….just claim insurance…that’s y we pay insurance’ , ‘just pretend like an experience driver….its all in the facial expression’ so my lovely frens thanks.
Journey continues…..

No comments: