Thursday, January 31, 2008

Did i miss the boat?!

One of the receptionist ask me for the 2nd time “are u married”…oh gosh….i ask her back “ do I look like married to u???!!!”…but of coz in nicer tone..i don’t wanna find trouble with receptionist….i need them quite frequently to do some of my dirty works and also to ease up my works hehe especially to chase away some annoying plp who don’t know the meaning of “boss not free!!”.
So back to story, the receptionist said “no its just that plp get married young age these days”. Then she starts to talk, I found out that she’s only 28 my god I thought she was 35/36…I was stunned to know that she’s still young. she have 3 kids and expecting 4th now. Her first child is 8 years old, married when she was only 20. no wonder she keep bugging me whether I was married or not…I guess she wants the whole community to be married at her age. Just few minutes of chat she told me the whole history of her married life!
Then again she ask me the million dollar question which im sick and tired of answering especially to my aunties ”why u r still not married?”. For me marriage is not a simple thing ,….its commitment of lifetime…which I don’t think im ready for and further more Im still young (that’s really perasan statement!) plus im single by choice…im very much happy with my life right now …I have my freedom …plus I don’t have to do housework haha
Another interesting question plp asked me before was “did u miss the boat???” Did I miss the boat!!!! Or did I miss the boat???? That question really strike me….did I miss the boat? So I did my own survey go around in the office ask the female and male colleague of mine who are married how they met their partners. To my surprise most of them know their spouse since school or college or uni… ….the other half met their spouse in the working place… that rather intriguing conclusion
So I analysed when I was in school ….i neva really meet guys…coz I was in non co-ed school. Then when in college I was too way too busy with friends and partying. Im talking about serious relationships here …not dates and jerks that we meet in the clubs. So where was I, ah I met quite interesting number of jerks…none fit the “serious” relationship category …. Ex-s all jerks or too young to be married with hehe…one of my friend teased me by slapping reality on my face “u know ur ‘bf ‘ was in standard 5 when u r in form 5!” Btw just to note that this happen way before justin and Cameron hook up – so it wasn’t a trend thing…it was more like ‘y not’ thingy hehe
So left with work place…oohh let me see there are handful of jerks, some really “gatal” guys, few sex maniacs (everything have to have connection with sex, cant have a normal conversation at all...and their eyes wanders around), the really good guys are married, rest are old and married fellows. So its not me its my environment hehe So nowadays when plp ask whether i miss the boat or not, i just tell them its ok if i miss the boat , I can always take a plane ;p

No comments: