Friday, August 14, 2009

Close call….

Few days ago I had a ‘close call’ of getting robbed!! It only sink in to me after awhile how close and how vulnerable I was. I must say 2 things saved me, 1st my habit of locking car doors as soon as I get in the car and 2nd reading and taking mental note of all the forwarded emails regards to robberies and break ins. When we read forwarded emails we think it would not be us.…but I have learn it could be us, anywhr, any time.

I was driving in the morning to work….it was a rainy morning obviously traffic jam was what can I say other then BAD. So the car was almost non-moving state. Usually to avoid getting frustrated I will keep myself occupied. Usually I will be applying makeup ….yea yea I know im one of those ladies….’the applying makeup in the car lady’ haha

Oh another habit I have is (thanks to forwarded emails) NOT to place my handbag on the passenger seat beside me. So every time I will just chuck my handbag under the passenger seat. So when I was stuck on the road thanks to the traffic jam …I took out my handbag (to get my makeup stuff :P ) from under the seat since I had brought along my laptop (which initially was under the seat as well) I was some how struggling to get my handbag. So what I did was I let my guard down and took the laptop place it on the passenger seat and took my handbag and put it on my lap. So it will be easier for me to reach for my makeup stuff and apply it.

So I was done with my makeup, my handbag was still on my lap….since I was quite near to the office I thought of not putting both my handbag and laptop under the seat. After awhile I realise there was a man on a motor bike parked beside my car’s passenger side….u kn its in the morning everyone rushing to work its normal to have motorbikers all around…its also normal for sleazy idiots to park beside you and look and “admire” at you for no apparent reason. I was very aware of the fact that the guy was near my car…the thing strike me was ‘why is he stalled here?’ because I realise im not obstructing his way nor behind or in front cars…though its jam …for him as a motorbiker plenty of space to manoeuvre his way out and up to go anywhr he wants. I felt uncomfortable ( all these happened within few min) so I looked at him ….coz I know he was looking at me. I wanted to give him the ‘whats wrong with you dude??…just buzz off!!” when I looked at him …he saw me looking at him. Then he keeps looking at my laptop and handbag back and forth!!!!! OH MY GOD! He gave me the look he was up to something ….i cnt forget his look of looking back and forth between handbag and laptop. I knew somehow he was planning to do something. All the emails that I have read before about car break in robberies in daylight, traffic jams and traffic lights just went passed like flash presentation. What I did was I quickly took my laptop and put it on my lap…whr I was already holding my handbag. He stared at me and left!!!!!

He left immediately when I took my laptop away. So he was planning to do something!! That’s when I realise how close I was being a victim of daylight robbery. How careful can people be ….these crooks look for new and innovative idea to get what they want day in day out. The cases of robberies, rapes, murders its increasing day by day !!!!

No comments: